The PSR program is offered to expand and reinforce the knowledge that children receive at home. Parents, Godparents, family, friends, and the parish are the primary teachers/witnesses of faith for the students. With that in mind, the goals of PSR include:
- God’s love and forgiveness
- Sin, reconciliation, and amendment for sin
- Theology of the Sacraments, especially the sacraments of Initiation
- Living a life of faith
- Importance of the Eucharist as the heart of a Catholic life
- Role of service in the life of a Christian
- Role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Christian
Students planning to receive a Sacrament are reminded of the policy of catechesis; one year prior to receiving a Sacrament, a student should be enrolled in PSR.
PSR classes are every Sunday morning from 9:00-10:15 AM (before Mass). Classes for the PSR program begin the first Sunday of October and run through the end of April.
Contact Deacon Al Sisson for more information at email@example.com or at 419-468-7205.